Tuesday, November 4, 2014

NaBloPoMo - say what?!?

I've taken the Writing Challenge!!!


November NaBloPoMo


So I joined Blogher.com's November writing event called NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) just to challenge myself to write everyday. The deal is that I've comitted to publish a post on my blog every day through the month of November. I'm hoping to really connect with others and create a community of people who want to live their dreams and are inspiring each other to do it. This might be a great way to do that!

 

Besides kayaking one of my dreams is to be a writer. I've always considered myself a writer. I've always loved sharing my experiences in words. So now I'm puting that identity to the test. Do I really have what it takes to do what writers do - write everyday?!? I think I do :) I have lots to say. The ideas keep coming for the things I want to write about on this blog. It's just a matter of making it a priority.


But one thing I've learned since kayaking on my own is that if you want something bad enough then you have to act on it. You have to put in the time and hard work to make it happen. Actually getting out in my kayak has taken planning, brainstorming, problem solving, research, courage, and carving out TIME to make it happen. And I had to do all those things using my own will power, energy, and determination. Nothing is free!!! The best things in life seem to require a lot of work.

 

So, it's just a matter of deciding to write and making it a priority. I will have to plan ahead and carve out time to write everyday. And it sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I love it when I give myself permission to do the things I love! :) It is very empowering.

 

So, here I go! I know I'm not going to be perfect at it. Case in point, my post for November 4th - this one - needs to be posted but the time is 12:07 a.m. November 5th! I'm worried that it will show posted on November 5th but I really did start writing it on the 4th.

 

But it's ok. I don't need perfection. I just need to show up and give it my best. I'm ok with that.

 

What secret yearnings hang out in your heart aching to be acted on?

What is holding you back?

If you could have a "National ___________ Month", what would you fill in the blank with?

What would you love to commit to do everyday for a month?

I say create it and do it! Tell us about it here in comments below. Maybe we'll join you!


National Eat-Icecream-at-Bedtime Month anyone?


In friendship and empowerment,

LaRayne

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi LaRayne! I am so happy to see you on here! You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there friend! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! You have always been an inspiration to me on living abundantly. I still remember the homemade bread you brought when we first moved in, the way you beautifully put up fruit, and the generous mother heart you have.

      Delete
  2. I want - no, NEED to write as well. But I learned something from your other question. If I can write about experiences, then I can capture the story in an appropriate amount of time to feel complete. You know...how do you eat an elephant? ONE BITE AT A TIME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you said "feel complete". That's just how I feel! When I can get it out in words in a format I can share and treasure, then my heart is at ease. And you are right. One bite at a time. When I try to do the whole elephant I choke! Thanks for reading and commenting Glo!

      Delete