Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dreaming of kayaking...

My kayak is calling my name...


Taken on my last trip out on my own to Provo River near Utah Lake

 

So I really want to get out in my kayak again soon. I would have gone today if I could have! These last golden days are taunting me! I'd rather it be gray and raining then I could just put it out of my mind. But with the temperatures still in the 60's and blue skies I am aching to get out on the water. Really. I feel a magnetic pull. And it's strong.

I know I sound mellodramatic but it's truly how I feel. It's this crazy passion. I'm trying to make plans for this weekend and early next week while the weather holds out, but schedules and commitments crowd in and I have to sort through what is the best thing to do. Where is the balance? How can I make it all work?

Here are some links that I've been drooling over tonight. Check out the cliffs and green water at Causey Reservoir up Ogden Canyon. I'd love to go kayaking there. Also I'd like to go to Pineview Reservoir early in the morning when the mist is still on the water. I've read about that and would love to experience it. I know everyone says that the Great Salt Lake is stinky, but I've read that kayaking there in the fall and spring at sunset is spectacular and there is no stink then like you'd find in the summer. The bugs are also gone then too.

See, now is a perfect time to get in some quick kayak days. But I'm racing against winter. And time commitments. And my lone-lover-of kayaking status in my family.

I feel stuck. These places that I want to go are new and I haven't been there before even without my kayak. I keep being warned about how unsafe it is to go alone. And I honestly I do feel a little nervous to go to a new spot alone. So what's a girl to do?

 

There aren't many people that can just up and go kayaking anytime the sun shines.

I've got to find an outdoors club or something around here before I go crazy.

Well, I'll get there. I'm determined. Until then I'll keep researching, dreaming, and making plans :)

 

 

What places are you dreaming about? If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? What would you want to do while you were there?


Please leave a comment. I'd love to connect with you here.

You also can enter your email to follow this blog in the space just above my profile picture.


Sweet dreams,

LaRayne

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your passion for kayaking sounds like how I am drawn to hiking and botany. I've been blogging my experiences finding edible plants on my hikes at mountain-edibles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete